National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
tryingtobebrave
iwanttolive

I just wanted to tell you that I’m thinking of you and praying for you. I care so very much for you and I’m sorry you’re struggling so much. Crippling anxiety like that is so so hard. I skin pick with my anxiety and keep something in my hands to fidget or occupy them. Perhaps that is something you can try in regards to biting your nails? I know medication combination can be a bitter pill to swallow but God wants us to be safe and do what we must for our mental health. I had to increase a medication for my ocd and every time I have to adjust can be difficult, I struggle to sleep for the first week or so. Lack of sleep makes all mental issues worse too. Please give yourself grace in regards to your struggle. If we never had symptoms, then we wouldn’t have a mental illness. It is an illness, not a weakness. I love you.
Braveheart

iwanttolive
Braveheart

Hi friend. Thank you for your kind words. I did start the medication last night. And slept. I am tired now so I think I will sleep tonight. I simply hate having to take medication. There is a Christian comedian who spoke of her psychiatric hospitalization and the fact that she takes medication for depression, not the only Christian in public that has shared something similar. When she was done with one of her shows she was approached by a lady who was wearing glasses who told the comedian that she shouldn't talk about needing medication like she does. Chanda's response was classic, "Drive home without those glasses". Meaning that if something is medically wrong or medication is needed for physical problems, there is no difference with brain illnesses. I really liked her response.

I have been having mood swings and it was determined before but again this week that I have rapid cycling issues and therefore placed on a medication that I stopped for who knows why. Side effects, a hospitalization where they changed things, I don't know. I wanted to try to come off all my meds but that isn't going to happen in the foreseeable future. My psychiatrist is very good and I am thankful to have him.

How are YOU????? I think of you often and life you up in prayer. How is the grief? Have you dealt with it at all? What about your surgery? How has it been with your parent's?

Well, that is enough questions. Thank you for encouraging me. I hope you sleep well tonight.

All my love

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources