National Eating Disorders Association

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Blue44
Psychiatrist appointment today.

So I had a psychiatrist appointment today by phone. I haven’t seen a therapist in weeks. My psychiatrist is concerned because I haven’t been taking my anxiety medicine correctly. She mentioned canceling the prescription. I need the medicine. I have my next appointment with her in two weeks.

Tryingtoheal
Unfortunately

that might be the consequences. I'm sorry this happened.

iwanttolive
Blue44

Hi. I am sorry that you are needing to take more than the prescribed dosage of your medication. A lot of these types of medications are controlled and closely monitored to prevent over-usage. It is to protect you. If you think the medication isn't working, maybe your doctor can prescribe something stronger? I know it can be very difficult to deal with anxiety, as I am in the throes of it right now. What types of things have you tried to help deal with thoughts or the anxiety? I hope you get relief.

iwanttolive

Blue44
Thanks for support

I appreciate your response tryingtoheal and iwanttolive.
I am going to try really hard to follow my medication dosage correctly. Sleeping is one way that I cope with anxiety. The medicine helps me sleep though. I also pray and try to think about blessings in life. I have a lot of stress in my life currently.
I have thoughts of wanting to disappear sometimes. I feel guilty for those thoughts.

iwanttolive
Blue44

Hi. I can identify with thoughts of wanting to sleep away the pain or the day or just make a few days disappear. I have used too much medication before but it is addictive or can be, and it is not good for us emotionally to be overusing. I pray too but when the anxiety is as bad as it is now it is difficult to. My doctor just prescribes a new but old med that I was on before. I do not want to take it but my problems are so complex that he said he doesn't think I will ever be on just one med. That I need combinations. I am not happy with this assessment. But I don't want to be sick either and I know ultimately God has the last word. For now I will take the new med.

I am sorry things are so difficult. Do you want to share here or rather not? We are here, I am here, for you. If you want to chat about it I will be back on tomorrow. For now, just try to relax as best you can. One thing my mother taught me is alternate nostril breathing. Take one hand, the two fingers after your thumb and place them on your forehead. Then take your thumb of the same hand and place it on one nostril and breathe in while your two fingers are on your forehead. Then breathe out and then switch nostrils. I find it very calming. You can even google it I think under alternate nostril breathing. I hope that helps. I am glad you are sharing.

Tryingtoheal
I can relate

I've dealt with depression before and being suicidal. Know you matter. You are loved. Just know you aren't alone. Thinking of and praying for you.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources