National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
KateM04
Weight restoration

Hi... I guess weight gain is really scary for me, but I am trying to work on that. Aside from that can anyone give any guidance as to what really happens when you reach your body's set point weight? I know everyone is different but any guidance around this area of recovery would be helpful! I am worried that once I reach my set point weight while having all of my supplements, my weight will keep climbing up quickly. My family keeps saying that I am skinny but really when I look at myself I have a pregnant look stomach, which seems to permanently stick out. This is not the way I want to be, for once I just want to have a slim figure and I feel like I never going to be able to have that because I am literally being forced to eat 3 meals plus 3 snacks every day, with supplements that are high in calories.
I guess I am just unsure and anxious about the future so if anyone could give me some tips on what to do or what could possibly happen I would really appreciate it.
Thanks and hugs to all you amazing people!

2Healthy4me
Just Read Your Post and ...

I was wondering if this post perhaps has something to do with how you are currently doing. You mentioned currently that you have no appetite. Perhaps from the internalized feeling you have over what you see, as you reflect on yourself.

Have you had a medical exam lately? Just wondering if this is medically related to something medical? I notice that water fluctuations in my body are like high tide and low tide.

Certain days i am able to wear my favorite Infinity ring. On other days during the month, i can't even get the ring past my knuckles.

Good luck and hope you keep writing and working on your self and body image.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources