National Eating Disorders Association

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
iwanttolive
fear

Hi friends. I know many of you are scared and anxious. We are living in uncertain times. There are times when I let fear get a hold of me. But then I have to change my thinking and turn to God and ask Him to help me. I know it isn't easy. I am in isolation and will be for a while as my sister has symptoms and is very sick. I don't know if she will die from this or her other medical problems. I do know that God knows. This brings me peace, that even in these dark and scary times, I can turn to Him for peace. He gives peace that passes understanding. Peace that makes no sense. I do get scared. I do get stir crazy and the pain in my body is getting worse from inactivity. But. There is a bigger picture and for me, that is trusting God and allowing Him to help me through this time. That I can stay at home. That my roommate and I can live together and love each other even though at times it is challenging. But we do get along most of the time.

To look at the things we have, what we can do right now. Changing our focus. It is so important and can really help us all to be able to do the really difficult things we are being asked to do right now. I love you fellow warriors. As we continue to support one another, know that if you are struggling, there is no shame in that. Let that struggle make you stronger. Learn about yourself from the things you struggle with. As I said before, a pearl is made when a grain of sand gets inside a clam or oyster, I am not sure which and the friction is what creates the beautiful pearl. So see If you can allow this friction this scary time create in you something beautiful and wonderful. You already are. Just never give up. Never give up.

iwanttolive

tryingtobebrave
I love you.

I love you.

iwanttolive
awe

I love you too. How are you doing?

tryingtobebrave
Pain pain pain. I made a post

Pain pain pain. I made a post about body image, it’s not a big deal it’s just there. I can’t think very well with the pain or I would be writing more to you

iwanttolive
Braveheart

I am so sorry. I will say a prayer for you. I love you. I will go find it and read it.

your friend

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources