National Eating Disorders Association

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Savedbygrace
Ashamed to admit

I'm happy I skipped lunch today. It makes me feel a sense of control. I've had some snacks. I can't seem to get myself to eat breakfast most days, just a snack. I want to start skipping snacks too. I feel ugly and fat. I'll be able to control it. It's actually a good thing. I feel shameful that I allowed my dad hurt me the way he did. I need a thinner body to be of any value, much less to society. I feel worthless.

alwaysthinking
But did you?

Trust me, I had issues with this one, too. I felt like I had allowed. So much. And then I felt like, no, it was my body parts that allowed it. But, what I've been able to realize through therapy, is that I was powerless. And, If I had had any control over any of it, I wouldn't have allowed any of it to happen. And I know it's much Easier said than done, Because I still struggle with this frequently, But I'm sure you know, logically That changing how you look on the outside is not going to change anything about What happened in the past. And I'm sure you know logically that that is not going to change your value. It's how God sees you that Determines your true worth. And he really couldn't care less What any of us look like on the outside. Something we all need to remind ourselves of frequently. He sees who we truly are. And yet, I still totally get from where you are coming. And I am so sorry that you are struggling with this feeling right now. So I hope that you are able to get through this and deal with it as best as you can. And until you can get through this completely on your own, I will tell you that I see value in you. I have no idea what you look like on the outside. And it doesn't matter to me because I see your worth. And you matter very much to me. I love you.

Savedbygrace
Thank you so much

I really needed to hear this. Unfortunately I don't have an ED therapist, or any kind of therapist outside of group. I've tried reaching out to a girl in the group, but she rarely responds. She already has so many other friends. Sometimes I wonder if I matter.

youarebeautiful
You matter

We are always here to listen and support you. You matter, always remember that you have the strength to overcome this.

Blue44
You are important

You do matter. You are special and loved. Please take care of yourself.

Savedbygrace
Thank you

I'm struggling to believe it.

_admin_moderator
Savedbygrace

Dear Savedbygrace, we are concerned because you mentioned some worrying feelings. Please call 1-800-273-8255 or text "NEDA" to 741-741 if you are in crisis. Please stay safe!  

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources