National Eating Disorders Association

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kyrie
Not sure if I belong here, but...

Hi, all. I’m Kyrie. My whole life, I’ve struggled with remembering to feed myself. Sensory integration issues have been a curse, too. I do not think too much about how many calories I take in, but I know I’m underweight and not eating enough. Sometimes I feel like I go on “inverse binges” — periods of time where I eat nothing, have a little bit of food if something prompts me, then feel like I can’t eat anymore; I end up avoiding food for an hour or two due to a fear of throwing up/having diarrhea. I’m wondering if maybe I can find a place here?
If this is wrong, or if I have a misunderstanding of what disordered eating can be, I’ll go. Simple as that. ^^

tryingtobebrave
Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum!
It sounds like you’re struggling with disordered eating, and you’re absolutely welcome here.
NEDA has resources on the helpline, it can be really helpful to talk to a therapist or dietician who specializes in disordered eating. You’re deserving of help, and you’re not alone here.

_admin_moderator
You belong!

Hi Kyrie - tryingtobebrave is right! Please know that the NEDA helpline is available to you at (800) 931-2237, open Monday-Thursday 9AM-9PM EST and Friday 9AM-5PM EST. During these hours you can chat with us also by clicking the chat now option at the top right hand corner.

Miggi
You definitely have a place

You definitely have a place here! ED's can make you feel alone and isolated, but just know that tons of people are experiencing what you are experiencing, and most of them are on this forum. We are here to support each other. Welcome to the forum, and I hope we can be of help to you. :)

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources