National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
iwanttolive
RightHereWithYou

Hi!! It is good to see you around and posting again. It is good to hear things are going in a more positive direction for you, that is really good. I just read through your original post and I am sorry for the loss of your grandmother. I have gone through losing a not super close friend, but someone I knew from church a few months ago and am currently dealing with a friend, neighbor who is an older man my Mom's age who is dying. He is an life support right now. I am trying to help his daughter-in-law and wife who has dementia through it and the process of making the decision regarding life support. It has been so sad. Unfortunately death is a part of life. I am just glad to know that when I pass from this life I will see my Lord and Savior Who will be waiting for me with open arms.

As I said, it is good to get the update from you. I am glad to see you doing better.

iwanttolive

RightHereWithYou
I Understand

Growing up, I would go to work with my mom who is a nurses aid. She'd serve in private homes and nursing homes assisting elderly and disabled people with everyday things. I know how hard it is when faced with such dismal situations. It can feel very dreary and upsetting. I think at some point I was presented with a view that death really is so intertwined with everything. I know it's easy to think of it as something that doesn't effect us but in some shape or form it does. I remember being a young girl and one of my moms patients was in his last days. I would go with her to work and I remember being asked to hold his hand to make him feel better as his wife and him loved children. I remember holding his hand and feeling connected to him in a way that I can't describe. I know how special and important those last moments are. I say all this to let you know that what you are doing makes a difference. Your support can mean everything to a family going through something like that. And the community you build around each other can help in so many ways.

I want you to know your support for me helps me so much. I genuinely thrive from talking to others about these things. I spent so long feeling alone in my thoughts and feeding off of my own self abuse. But having others to talk with puts so much into perspective. Thank you so much. I hope you are well and I send you love in your tough situation.

iwanttolive
Please know

Hi. I am here anytime you want to "talk" about things. I myself am a home health aide but this is just a friendly neighbor. But yes, it does help to talk about these things and to not feel so alone with them. So anytime, I am here. I had no idea my response would mean so much to you. Thank you for sharing. Right now I must go to sleep. I have to get up for church tomorrow morning!!!!

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources