National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
CASACERA
daily torture

CASACERA
daily torture
So many plans, promises, promises. Walking despite physical issues. This eating thing, my head spins. A lifetime of seeking help and those precious brief respites of being "in the rhythm". Leptin, dopamine etc., etc. know it all. Not a sweets addict, an ALL foods addict. Obesity is this "national epidemic". Have reached out to every large legit assoc. to start a website, charge or no charge. But not in there for a profit motive. Men and women many different issues. Need sep. sites. e-mail, password and chosen personal name like this site does. But for what I and thousands have it needs thousands of folks to be truly 24/7 as food addiction has individual schedules and times of need. Middle of the night?, weekends?, holidays whatever. In the brief second of choice I must be able to "run" to my computer "log in" and another struggler, who may be in a comfortable place at that moment can hear me wanting to take back conscious, sensible, healthy control. Another woman there who also "walks the walk", and can say, "hang on with me", we can do this together". As soon as it "hits" again, keep coming back here. "No should's etc. everyone's journey is unique". CC

iwanttolive
CASACERA

Hi. I am sorry you feel so alone in your struggle. while I don't have binge eating disorder, I have found there is very little support for anyone struggling with any eating disorder. Many support groups are available for substance abuse, very little for those with eating disorders. I am sorry you don't have the support you need, I hope this forum is somewhat helpful. We are all in this together.

iwanttolive

CASACERA
thank you Iwanttolive

Erratic sleep. We don't chose a lot of whatever ailments "hit us" as a "senior". But "the food", the food...my nemesis abruptly at 13. The thought of breakfast wakes me up. Same healthy and delicious bk, trying to slow down or it's gone before I know it. I am to a great extent homebound. Wrote a paper recently title "My Tarnished (Golden Years?)" Actually there's quite a bit of humor in it. Like :"Thankfully, I'm not ready for "A Place For Mom" and "don't show me some 98 year old lady with her lucky genes running a marathon". Yesterday one of my art projects gripped me till mid afternoon. And it will be a birthday gift for my special dear friend (who will be away 4 months on a cruise around the world). But you'd think there would be a spill over of satisfaction or gratification into my ravenous appetite. No, leaps in the moment my I take a breather. Understand that I look normal and healthy, no canes, walkers even looking somewhat attractive for my age. But unless I pay attention to this powerful addiction, I can easily gain without a ceiling. No trick to this. Any weight struggler knows this. SO to the present and "living in the now". Wanting breakfast to go on, so afraid the "drive" would take over. Heard myself say "go to the NEDA forum"..then "no one will be there and certainly no one in my shoes".
Long story short. Thank you for your post. I'm never am sure whatever action I take will put my sensible, healthy subconscious back in blessed control. CC

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources