National Eating Disorders Association

1 post / 0 new
iwanttolive
kindness

Hello and welcome to the forum. I just want to reach out to you and say I am sorry for your pain. For the struggle with bulimia. It is indeed painful and difficult. I am also sorry that you haven't found a therapist that has been able to help you in the way you desire, freedom from the bulimia. How long have you been in therapy? Have you tried a few therapists to try to get the right fit? I am glad you posted here as many here can and do understand the struggle, but not your specific struggle. But there is a common thread here and it is a supportive community. I hope you can find yourself able to connect and find support here.

Even though the past six months or so I have been struggling after fifteen months of freedom, and my relationship with Jesus is a bit rocky, I know that without Jesus in my life and Him helping me in my recovery journey, I wouldn't be where I am today.

I am realizing that I still have a lot of work to do in terms of letting go of past hurt and pain that I am bringing into current relationships and situations. Forgiveness I thought was easier than it is. I am working though the principles of forgiveness and realize that this for me is a big part of my recovery. But the pain is still so great even after so many decades as ongoing events perpetuate what happened years ago. So I have slipped in the past six months. BUT...recovery is possible and freedom from the addiction of eating disorders can be overcome. Just keep taking it one day at a time and when you feel comfortable, asking for help from friends or family. I wish you the best and hope to see you around again.

iwanttolive

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources