National Eating Disorders Association

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
alwaysthinking
Tummy troubles

I was really trying to do better and stick with my meal plans again and then I got stuck with a GI issue instead. I never get GI issues. But on Sunday when I was at my religious meeting , I was talking with a friend and she was telling me she just got over eight days of having GI issues and then lo and behold, Here Comes Monday and I am relegated to the bathroom for 50% of the day and to my bed for the rest of the day because of how awful I feel. And now today I still feel awful and I'm really struggling to be able to eat anything because of it. My eating disorder of course loves this and I just feel miserable. I just saw my psychiatrist this morning and he was asking me if I had any issues I needed to discuss or any concerns and I said all I want to do is just go home and go to bed. So I am just really struggling to be able to get in anything to eat and also to be able to keep it down. Not fun! Like I said, I never get this!

Miggi
I'm sorry that this is

I'm sorry that this is happening. It could be a result from re-feeding. But whatever the case, just make sure to give your body the nutrients it needs and nurture it while it is healing. (drink water!) I understand it can be stressful to still have to eat even when you feel sick.

iwanttolive
alwaysthinking

Hi. I am wondering how you are doing tonight? Thinking of you.

iwanttolive

alwaysthinking
Hi and thx

Very little energy. Have been able to eat very little. I just really I am exhausted all the time and spending the majority of the day in bed. Which is totally unlike me because I usually have the energy of a two year old. But I'm coping and I hope to be over this soon. Thanks for asking.

iwanttolive
alwaysthinking

Hi again. I am glad that you are able to are doing what you can by drinking the supplements. When going through difficult times our bodies sometimes need to rest and sleep. Try not to figure it all out but trust your body. Hang in there. We are here for you.

iwanttolive

Savedbygrace
I know how you feel

I'm JUST getting over the flu/a cold, and I was so sick I slept 20 extra hours in 4 days. I'm JUST getting my appetite back as well as being able to taste food again. My husband gave it to me, and sickness is going around. Just do what you can nutritionally. I hope you feel better soon.

alwaysthinking
Thx

Thank you both. This morning I actually was able to eat a "real" meal, one that truly fit my meal plan 100%. We'll see how the rest of the day goes. Hopefully my tummy will appreciate it and let me keep it! I have my trauma therapist today and I would like to actually be able to concentrate on the therapy and not feel like wanting to take a nap instead. I had my psychiatrist on Tuesday and couldn't do much other than just say I just want to go home and take a nap. That's totally unlike me because normally I have plenty to say. So we'll just see what I can do and what I can say. At least I'm able to be easy on myself and not give myself grief about this. I have a watch that tells me how many steps I do per day and when I was talking to my best friend yesterday , I told him I had not gone far. And he asked me how I felt about that and I said and I really don't care. He was glad that I felt that way. Because I know right now my body needs to rest and recuperate. Being sick stinks! I hardly ever get sick so this is not fun. But hopefully the worst is over and I am turning the corner now. Thanks for everyone's support.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources