National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Alexo_eats
FREAKING OUT

Ok so, my ED is very selective about what I eat. I feel so out of control if I eat foods other than my safe foods. Recently one of my safe foods got re-branded and now the nutrition is different, and I don't like how it tastes anymore. I'm just really upset about that, because I really liked that food. But now that it has changed I don't think I can have it anymore, or ED thinks. I'm just really stressed out over it. Which is kinda silly, but it means a lot to me. I feel kinda out of control, like this inconsistency is really throwing ED a bone. I defiantly felt the urge to use more behaviors to compensate for that changing nutrition label at dinner. I'm dreading having to face it again as I have at least 5 more of it. :(

*trying not to be too specific so it won't trigger others*

Alexo

Miggi
Stay Strong

I can understand you being upset, it's really hard because we set plans for ourselves surrounding meals and when those plans get thrown off it can make you spiral a little bit. I feel this, and just remember, you don't have to eat anything you don't want to. While you do have to eat, the beauty of it is, is that you can choose to eat what you like. And if it makes you unhappy to eat a certain food, don't make yourself miserable eating it. Stay strong my friend!