National Eating Disorders Association

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
London1621
Sorry

Sorry for coming back and bothering everyone with this. I'll try not to post.

Savedbygrace
Why do you say that

I like hearing from you. Are you responding to what someone said to you? I'm sorry you are struggling. I've also been struggling. You never have to feel pressured into confiding in someone else. I know that can be very difficult for me to do. I've only opened up to 6 people in my entire life and I'm going to be 38 in March.

iwanttolive
London1621

Hi. I want to also say you are not bothering anyone. We are here for you. If you do not want to share with anyone you do not have to if it isn't safe. You can post here and get the support you need. Please we are all doing what we need to do and what is good for one person isn't good for another. Please know you can post here and if I or someone else says something upsetting please let us know and then it will remain safe for you. We, I, care and want you to post. As Savedbygrace said, and I myself have been told, we don't need to apologize for posting and getting the support we need. I hope you stay.

iwanttolive

alwaysthinking
Ditto

I totally agree. I really care about you London 1621. I was so glad when you were coming back and I really hope you stay and continue to post. I'm sorry if something happened that made you feel like you were not safe and didn't feel comfortable posting for some reason I really do hope that you continue to post on here and stay with this forum. I care about you.

London1621
Hi

No one did anything on this, today was a horrible day and people at school were asking me why I haven't been in school for the last 30 days and I was upset and crying alot. That's why I feel upset right now. Thank you for your replies.

iwanttolive
London1621

I am really sorry you had a rough day. Just know we are here for you. How can we help you with this difficult situation with school and not wanting people to know. Maybe if you want some of us can come up with some ideas. We are here for you.

iwanttolive

Alexo_eats
London1621

You aren't bothering anyone. If is none of the other kids business why you weren't at school. You don't owe them an explanation. I understand it is still difficult to face them but they really don't deserve to know. You have control and the power to decide if you want to tell them or not. Please, don't let other people get you down! You are a wonderful, amazing person! Sending you love and support!

Alexo

alwaysthinking
Idea

Just an idea. Something that I tell people now when I have to go to hospitals, whether it's for psychiatric purposes or recently for the eating disorder, is that I had some health issues and I needed to get some medicine tweaked. This is what I usually tell people when they're curious but I know it's really none of their business to know any further details. Kids in school are going to be curious. You're with them day in and day out. Hopefully they're not meaning to be cruel by asking you where you've been. They're just curious. It is your right to decide how much you want people to know and which people you want to tell. Maybe simply saying that you had some health issues is enough to pique their curiosity and satisfy them. I don't know. Just a thought and I wish you the best. I really feel for you, because I got bullied in school every day of my life so I know how nerve-wracking it can be to have kids prying into your personal life and I also know how cruel they can be. Hang in there and just know we are here to support you.

London1621
Hi

Thank you all so much for your replies and what you are saying. Hugs to all.