National Eating Disorders Association

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
HeroCat
back from Vacation

I just got back from a 3 week family vacation out of the country. I have a history of some behaviors receding on vacation while others become more prominent. I struggle with maintaining a healthy weight on vacation and I thought this time I had a better plan in place. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out so well and now I have to play catch up, hard. I am scared at the place I find myself and I am so disappointed that I have gotten there. I have managed again to scare my family and unfortunately, it sort of leads me into a negative thought cycle that just goes down. I used some behaviors on the trip and I find that humiliating and unsettling. Yesterday when I got home I tried to set myself up for a successful week by purchasing lots of snacks and trying to set goals and plan well. Any thoughts from anyone?

Savedbygrace
Welcome back!!

It's good to see you again. I'm sorry about your struggle with symptom use. Do you see any professionals? I can't really think of anything to say except we are here for you.

Alexo_eats
Hello

I love that you have a plan in place! Making small goals and an achieved plan is really important. I'm glad you can acknowledge that you need to "catch up" instead of letting ED mess with your head. I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully next vacation will be better! Sending you love and support!

Alexo

Miggi
I can't really say anything

I can't really say anything else but I feel your stress around holidays. I always fall back into old habits around vacations and holidays. It's just important to remember that you have not failed and you can pick it back up immediately and start again, fresh!

HeroCat
Update

Thank you for your support. It helps just to know that others are out there who can relate and commiserate. Despite my planning I feel like I have really not made up any ground over this past week, which is frustrating. I am both terrified and relieved that I have appointments with my primary care physician and therapist early this week. However, I am even more upset by how tired and "unwell" I feel so hopefully this combination will help get me back on track.

_admin_moderator
Edited post

Hi HeroCat! We edited some of the language of your post to remove mentions of specific disordered eating behaviors, which are not allowed on the forums and could be triggering to other users. You can review our community guidelines here. Thank you for understanding and please continue to post!