National Eating Disorders Association

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
London1621
They don't know.

Today is my first day back to school after being away for getting help and my friends don't know what I was going through. We just kept it a secret and said someone was sick in the family. It doesn't matter anyways.

HeroCat
it could matter..

It could matter regarding your friends. If you have a few close friends who are supportive and be there for you, it could make a real difference. I know that on days where I am struggling if I go to a friend who knows about what I am fighting with and just say something like, "Can you spend 10 min distracting me?" or "Can you walk with me?" they are ready to help. You don't have to unburden to them, but it can be critical to have a couple of emotional support people around you...

iwanttolive
London1621

Hi. I am glad to hear you are back to work, but I agree with HeroCat. Is there anyone you feel comfortable sharing with, even outside of work so you don't feel so alone? It might really help to have someone know.. Everyone has something going on in their personal lives, even when we don't know, as you have not shared this with anyone, I am sure that they have stuff they aren't sharing. I say this to help you to not feel ashamed or embarrassed, if you are. As I said, everyone has something. Everyone. So if you spoke with even just one friend then that will help them as well perhaps to share about what they need to and you can support one another. I do not think this is making much sense but I think you understand what I am trying to say. You don't have to tell anyone. We are just saying it might help. I wish you hope as you continue to heal.

iwanttolive

London1621
Hi

Thank you so much for your replies and what you are saying.

Miggi
I know it can be hard to keep

I know it can be hard to keep something like that in, it can make you feel isolated and alone. But know that you are not alone! You have people that care about you and want to see you get better, keep trying and try even when you don't know why!