National Eating Disorders Association

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
iwanttolive
alwaysthinking

Hi. I just want to check in and see how you are doing? You said you were a little better but I am still very concerned for you. I am glad you are talking with your therapist tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes. You are loved and cared about here on the forum.

iwanttolive

alwaysthinking
Thank you

Thank you so much for asking about me. Yesterday was pretty good. It was as if my experience that led to having to go to the ER scared me straight. I was 100% for all my meal plans yesterday and had no disordered behaviors. I was actually in a pretty good mood all day yesterday too. But today I am really depressed and I am ruminating like crazy over that idiot doctor and especially over the report that he made based on what happened in the ER. He got some things completely out of context and in the wrong timeline as to when I was able to start moving my legs again and there were other issues and it has me very frustrated and furious. So I called the hospital and ask to speak to somebody regarding this doctor so that I could make a complaint. I had to leave a message and I have not heard back. This is only contributing to me continuing to ruminate about it. I have a whole bunch of other things that are still going through my mind , other situations in my life that are frustrating and depressing me and it's just making life miserable and very difficult. So I have been doing my meal plans so far and I'm doing the best I can. I just really don't feel like doing anything. And it doesn't help that today, I had intended to do the ministry with my service group in the congregation but I had to change plans and come home because I was having weird physical symptoms again. It doesn't make sense since I ate properly yesterday and today. But my head has been feeling weird kind of tingly and fuzzy. I don't know how to explain it properly. And my legs and arms have been tingly. And I've been having trouble breathing despite taking an anti-anxiety medicine so I know it's not my anxiety. But I know not to go to my ER to try to deal with this problem because they're a bunch of boneheads who think that I am a flake and a fake and everything is in my head. I'm so sick of that hospital and really don't ever want to have to deal with them again. I see my regular doctor on Thursday as a follow-up to the ER and will be asking him if he specializes or at least knows how to treat eating disorders because I can tell something funky is going on and it just seems like people are not knowing for what to look. Just because labs are coming back halfway normal doesn't mean nothing is wrong. I can tell that my body is saying something is wrong. And it's very frustrating when people keep ignoring me and acting like I'm making it up. Grrr! Thankfully I'll be talking with my therapist at 4 today and I'll see if she has any advice. Thanks again for asking about me

_admin_moderator
Hi alwaysthinking -

Your post had to be edited for specifics that might be triggering to other users. Please take a moment to review the community guidelines. Also, we noticed you included some concerning symptoms in your post - if you're feeling tingly and having trouble breathing, please don't hesitate to seek medical help, including calling 911. As a reminder, the following are just some of the signs of a serious problem that demands immediate medical attention: •accidentally or deliberately caused themselves a physical injury •become suicidal •confused thinking and is not making any sense •delusions (false beliefs) or hallucinations (experiencing things that aren’t there) •disoriented; doesn’t know what day it is, where they are or who they are •vomiting several times a day or has uncontrollable vomiting or diarrhea •experiencing dizziness or fainting spells •too weak to walk or collapses •painful muscle spasms •complaining of chest pain or having trouble breathing •blood in their bowel movements, urine or vomit •a body mass index (BMI) of less than 16 •an irregular heartbeat, and fast heartbeat, or very low heart beat (less than 50 beats per minute) •cold or clammy skin indicating a low body temperature or has a body temperature of less than 35 degrees Celsius/95 degrees Fahrenheit. If you experience any of the above, we highly recommend that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. Another option is 911. Seek medical help soon on an outpatient basis if you: •have significant heartburn and/or a burning sensation after eating •have other gastrointestinal concerns •have high blood pressure •struggle with significant joint or muscle pain •have difficulty sleeping (falling and/or remaining asleep) •struggle with fatigue, sudden weight gain, and/or hair loss •have frequent urination or unquenchable thirst •have gained and lost significant weight repeatedly •have gained significant weight in a short period of time •struggle with chronic diarrhea or constipation. Take good care of yourself.

Alexo_eats
Hello

That sounds awful! I hope you are able to get the support you need. I can see how frustrating that must be. Praying for you! Keep us updated!

Alexo

Alexo_eats
Hello

That sounds awful! I hope you are able to get the support you need. I can see how frustrating that must be. Praying for you! Keep us updated!

Alexo

lol I posted twice. Twice the prayers!

iwanttolive
alwaysthinking

Hi. I am sorry for your experience. I just had something happen during a hospitalization where I will be reporting my doctor as well. It is difficult to defend ourselves no matter what reason we are in a hospital when it is our word against theirs. So we must do what we can to set the record right and try to get the doctors that are not being responsible out if possible so it is safe to go and get help. For the most part, going to a hospital is usually a positive experience and the help sought after is given. We as patients need to advocate for ourselves and have our voices heard. I am going outside the hospital setting to the state to file my complaint to prevent any interference.

What is most important is you know what happened, as do I and we have to try not to get derailed by things written about us that we know is not true. Knowing it for ourselves is really the most important thing. Perhaps you can write down what happened so you remember the details and when you are ready you can proceed with the complaint. I have prepared mine and it is ready to go out, just waiting for my Mom to add to it from her discussion with my doctor and then it will be mailed out.

How did your therapy appointment go?

alwaysthinking
Therapy session

It went all right. She's doing a lot for me, to try to get whatever help is available.

iwanttolive
alwaysthiking

Hi. I am glad to hear that she is working with you to get you help. Hang in there and know God is holding onto you.

iwanttolive