National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
noeai
Binge/Overeating and Weight Gain

Hi everyone. So I’ve been restricting my calories and working out like crazy for the past few months. And recently I’ve been binge eating / overeating almost everyday. I am gaining weight and I don’t know if I like it. Before I was at a normal weight. My BMI seemed kind of low but I was fine with it. I liked how I looked but mentally I was in bad shape. Ever since I decided to stop restricting to calories and letting myself eat, I’ve been eating like crazy. I could be eating almost X calories in one day. I have gained weight really quickly and I want to lose the fat and go back to dieting. Is this weight gain and bingeing and overeating normal or should I be concerned? Also is there a possibility to lose weight again but safely right now?

_admin_moderator
Dear noeai, we would like to

Dear noeai, we would like to inform you that we edited your post to remove calorie numbers, which are not allowed on the forums. You can review our community guidelines here. Thanks for your understanding and please continue to post! 

alwaysthinking
Yes

Yes this is very normal as I have heard many on this forum say that they have done this. I wanted to ask you if you are in therapy? Have you been through recovery before? This is a very stressful thing to have to go through alone and I would hope for your sake that you are able to get some professional help with this. Especially because it is not easy to deal with the mental part of it any more than it is the physical. We are not allowed to give any advice as far as the physical goes especially with weight loss. I know for myself, I struggle with the desire to lose weight still because I have gained ever since I got on the road to recovery but more due to psychiatric meds than because of actual recovery process. I wish you the best and hope that you are able to get some solid treatment and have a decent professional team on your side to get you through this. Keep posting and keep us updated.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources