National Eating Disorders Association

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
tryingtobebrave
Update

After doing some serious thinking, considering the support I was given on here last night plus thinking about what my therapist would say, I’ve decided not to travel until January when my depression eases up. I wouldn’t want my grandpa seeing me this way, anyway. I still feel guilty but it’s just something I’ll have to work through. I have a major problem with guilting myself over everything (yay trauma..) and I need to work through the feelings. You guys were right last night about it not being different than if a physical condition prevented me from traveling. And it wouldn’t be a good experience for anyone. Anyway, I’m still really down and miserable and forcing myself to follow my meal plan as hard as it is right now. But I really want to thank you guys for helping me make the decision that’s best for my wellbeing.

julesthefox
I don’t have a lot to say,

I don’t have a lot to say, but I am beyond proud of you. You are so, so amazing. And so, so brave.
Julesthefox

Savedbygrace
Super proud

I'm really proud of you for making the tough decision to do what's best for your mental health. I'm sorry your struggling with depression. I can relate to these problems.

alwaysthinking
Good for you

Not an easy decision to make, I'm sure, and I'm super proud of you, also. Keep telling yourself all the things you know are the right reasons. Let logical brain win over emotional brain. Lots of love.