National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
richoz
recovery and (pre) diabetes(high glucose)

Hi Im a bit anxious, just had results of blood test and it was fasted. I have high glucose and this was also the case a few months ago. I now need to do a glucose monitor test in the next few weeks. This seems odd as i even went for a run before this blood test so bit worries about my high result. And now its getting in my head in terms of recovery, like limiting certain food types (not that i eat much of that anyway). My BMI is ok, but i still restrict and alot of the time my meals are hit and miss, and i seem to eat most of my cals late in the evening. Just wondering if anyone can relate to these results (high blood glucose) is it just my pancreas thats out of sync and needs retuning, or is it my random meals times that are making it worse? As i mention i dont even eat much of certain food types, but since im in recovery its what im working on and this result has put an anxiety spanner in the machine.... thanks

_admin_moderator
Welcome!

Hi, thank you for posting! We hope that you are able to get the support you deserve here on the forum. We edited out portions of your post as specifics on food might be triggering for other members of the forum. Please take a look at our community guidelines here: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/forums/community-guidelinesAs per our guidelines, forum members are not allowed to provide advice as it's best to reach out to a medical professional about these kinds of questions. If you’re looking for resources, please feel free to contact the Helpline at (800) 931-2237. The Helpline is open Mondays-Thursdays 9AM-9PM EST and Fridays 9AM-5PM EST. During these hours you can chat with us also by clicking the chat now option at the top right hand corner!  Please continue posting!

alwaysthinking
Welcome

I hope you are able to get the answers you need from your doctor. Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted.