National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
GabbiG
Going Downhill

I feel like I have been going downhill lately, and the only way to get back on track is to restart recovery or return back to my completely I’ll state. I don’t know how to pick myself up from here without doing that because I’ve gained only a little weight, but I’m not as sick as before. Does anyone understand this feeling? Or is anyone else struggling in the same way?

Megank66
Kindness

Hi Gabbi,
My therapist would say to practice self-compassion, and not judge yourself about going “downhill” as you said. Can you sit with your fear and really feel your feelings? I’ll tell you up front that I struggle with this practice and often feel just the way you do. But when I give myself the time to feel without judgement .... it’s more peaceful than the three seconds of numbness I feel after purging. I don’t know if this helps you but when I read your comments I just had to offer my therapist advice. Take good care of yourself OK?

GabbiG
Thanks for the advice! I’m

Thanks for the advice! I’m not sure exactly what you mean. I can sit with my fears, but I can’t face them as much as I used to be able to.