National Eating Disorders Association

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
alwaysthinking
Five meals!!

I've had five meals so far, according to meal plan, without taking any laxatives, without any type of compensating, and I've been in a fairly good mood since! I honestly don't know to what to attribute it, especially since physically I feel like crud, still. I'm just grateful to Jehovah God for whatever He's done to give me this motivation. I see my trauma therapist in a couple of hours, so I don't know how I'll feel after that, but we'll see.

Jayge
That’s amazing!

I’m proud of you :)

lovetowrite81
Alwaysthinking

This is so awesome-- praise God! I'm excited to hear this and proud of you :) Keep us posted!

Blue44
Great job!

I’m so glad to hear that eating has been easier lately. I hope your therapy appointment goes well.

Miggi
I don't mean to pry, but what

I don't mean to pry, but what coping techniques do you use? How do you deal with weight gain, and feeling like crud, and having to eat so much? I would really appreciate any answer, but you don;t have to answer if you don't feel comfortable. Thank you

alwaysthinking
Miggi

Actually Miggi, I've discovered that when I stay on my meal plan I don't gain weight. I maintain. That's why they give us meal plans because they have realized that our bodies need so many calories in order to function properly. Dietitians know what they're talking about that's why they have their degrees. It is scary at first to eat so much food and I usually end up feeling stuffed after every single meal. And eventually that feeling goes away. It's just an initial feeling and I just have to deal with it. I still struggle and yesterday was still a test because I did skip one of my nails but I managed to get in most of the others. I don't mind you asking at all because that's why we are all here for each other. I hope this helps and I hope you are able to continue your recovery.

Miggi
Thank you, it's nice to know

Thank you, it's nice to know that other people relate to the feeling of fullness all the time