National Eating Disorders Association

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
karenc
I

I fainted last night. But I'm too scared to gain weight, I'm too scared that anything I eat will make me fat.

alwaysthinking
Get help

Please get help. At least go to either your doctor or the er and get checked out to see if there are any serious problems happening that you don't realize.

_admin_moderator
Dear karenc, Fainting is a

Dear karenc, Fainting is a sign of a medical emergency that requires immediate medical attention. We recommend that you seek medical help as soon as possible. The following is the full list of medical emergency symptoms:Seek medical help immediately if you:

• accidentally or deliberately cause yourself a physical injury
  • become suicidal
  • experience confused thinking or are not making any sense
  • experience delusions (false beliefs) or hallucinations (experiencing things that aren’t there)
  • feel disoriented; don’t know what day it is, where you are or who you are
  • vomit several times a day or have uncontrollable vomiting or diarrhea
  • feel too weak to walk or collapse
  • experience painful muscle spasms
  • experience pain in the lower legs
  • complain of chest pain or have trouble breathing
  • observe blood in your bowel movements, urine or vomit
  • have a body mass index (BMI) of less than 16
  • have an irregular heartbeat, very low heart beat (less than 50 beats per minute), or rapid heartbeat
  • have cold or clammy skin indicating a low body temperature or have a body temperature of
  • less than 35 degrees Celsius/95 degrees Fahrenheit
  • experience dizziness, nausea, fever
  • heal woulds/cuts slowly
  • feel tingling in the hands or feet
  • have blurred vision

Or for any other serious medical concerns.
If you are admitted to a hospital inform the staff immediately of everything you know concerning the eating disorder, or they will not be able to accurately treat the symptoms.
Seek medical help soon on an outpatient basis if you:

• have significant heartburn and/or a burning sensation after eating
  • have other gastrointestinal concerns
  • have high blood pressure
  • struggle with significant joint or muscle pain
  • have difficulty sleeping (falling and/or remaining asleep)
  • struggle with fatigue, sudden weight gain, and/or hair loss
  • have frequent urination or unquenchable thirst
  • have gained and lost significant weight repeatedly
  • have gained significant weight in a short period of time
  • struggle with chronic diarrhea or constipation
lovetowrite81
Karenc

Hi Karenc-

Just wanted to check in and see how you're feeling since you posted? I also want to encourage you to seek support as I'm concerned about you and your health.

<3 Lovetowrite81

iwanttolive
karenc

Hi I am glad you posted and am really glad you reached out for support. I really hope that you reach out for help as it seems that you have been struggling for such a long time, and I think without support. It sounds like you need medical attention. Please get the help you need. I know it is scary. We are here for you. But you need to take the steps to get yourself help. We can only encourage you to get yourself the help you need. Please reach out and get help, and please keep posting. We are here for you.

iwanttolive