National Eating Disorders Association

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Charliebarr
Period all messed up

I had my period and then lost it for a long time then when I gained the weight back I obviously got the period back. It was normal again for a while but now I will get it and it will be spotty and if I get it and stop eating I realize it goes away but then if I like eat something it will randomly come again? Is this normal? Any advice?

Savedbygrace
Unfortunately

We aren't allowed to give medical advice. The best thing is to check with your medical doctor. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

lovetowrite81
Charliebarr

Hi Charliebarr-

I would also recommend seeking advice from a medical professional but just wanted to validate that you are not alone. Mine has always been all over the place- I lost it when I was at my lowest weight with ED, it took forever to come back even after weight restored, and since then sometimes I randomly skip it/it's unpredictable. There are a lot of factors that might play in, just want to validate that it is common especially with fluctuating weight and ED. But yes I would suggest checking in with a doctor regarding this issue.

_admin_moderator
Charliebarr

Hi Charliebarr, thanks for posting! As other users have mentioned, we cannot offer medical advice or treatments on the forum per the NEDA community guidelines. The NEDA Helpline may be able to help out with finding a professional to discuss these concerns with. The Helpline can be reached at 800.931.2237 or chat with them online (http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/helplinechat) M-TH 9-9 EST and F 9-5 EST. We hope it is of help to you.