National Eating Disorders Association

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
karenc
so I'm not eating again

I can't eat because I feel so tied up in knots by being bullied by my brothers and sisters. I'm in so much pain, I don't know what to do. I miss my mum and dad. All my heroes have let me down. I wish I could eat.

London1621
Hi

I'm sorry your having a hard time, hope you will be okay soon. Can you try talking to someone and let them know that you are having a hard time? Hugs.

alwaysthinking
Sorry

I'm sorry you're dealing with that. Here for you. Hugs.

lovetowrite81
Karenc

Hi Karenc-

I'm sorry you have been going through a hard time. I also wanted to check in and see if there was anyone you could reach out to for support?

We're always here for you as well <3

_admin_moderator
Hello Karenc

We noticed you are having a difficult time right now and feel as if you've been let down. Please know that the NEDA Helpline is a safe place to call and talk to someone when you are feeling down or would like to find some resources to help with your recovery process. The NEDA Helpline number is (800) 931-2237 and is available Monday-Thursday from 9AM to 9AM ET, and Friday 9AM to 5PM ET.  We hope you find some peace while you are having a hard time and please keep posting to the forums. 

TimeToShine
how are you feeling?

hi, just a little thing, im going through the same thing. im being bullied by people at school, people who i thought i could trust, but all the did was hurt me until i broke. everything shattered. partly a cause of my anorexia. but, im growing. everyone grows, whether its from the ashes (your darkest times) or from the light (your good times). I know you are strong and you have it in you to persevere even though you think you don’t. keep us up to date on how you feel and please, start eating again. it seems hard, but try. every time the people who bullied me got into my head, i had my bulimia side come on. you have it in you to stop even though you dont think you can. stay strong. hugs.

TimeToShine

Alexo_eats
Bullying

A lot of the times people bully others because they themselves are self-conscious. Try, not to let it go to heart. They are only self-conscious about themselves and are taking it out on you. You are a wonderful, strong person and deserve to nourish your body, so you can live your life. Don't let your bothers and sisters push you down, you deserve energy, you deserve to eat. A great question to ask yourself is, is not eating going to help? Will it stop the bullying. If not then what will? Do you have anyone you can reach out too, other copping skills. I promise that not eating will not solve the problem, but other skills will. For example journaling, removing yourself physically from your siblings (for example going to your bedroom) or talking to someone (such as us on the Neda forum).
Best of luck you are strong and beautiful.

Alexo