National Eating Disorders Association

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
hermione3
going residential Sunday....

So I got a bed at residential for trauma this coming Sunday I am so anxious I just messaged my boss and am horrified. I really know this is for the best but again still scared. I have been inpatient and residential but it is always nerve racking.

julesthefox
I am so proud of you. I know

I am so proud of you. I know it’s scary, but you know it’s the best decision for you. It takes a lot of strength and courage. I hope it goes well, and I’m so glad you got in.
Take care, rooting for you
Julesthefox

hermione3
Thank you so much for the

Thank you so much for the support. My boss got back to me and that is all set. I am happy I didn’t end up having to wait as long as they said. I told my therapist I am going to do the work. I know I need to do this I am scared but it’s ok.

Savedbygrace
Best of luck

I'm glad you got in.

alwaysthinking
Congrats

I'm glad you are going, and that you don't have to wait so long. Best wishes.

hermione3
Thanks for the support only a

Thanks for the support only a few more days then I physically leave home Saturday i think it’s going to be a slow few days

lovetowrite81
Hermione3

Also wanted to show my support- I'm glad you are going to get to go sooner than expected! Proud of you for being ready to do the work <3

hermione3
Thanks had an awful day my

Thanks had an awful day my boss pulled me into his office with our office manager and tried to get the reason why I am taking off work. They made me feel so uncomfortable and they said they don’t have to hold my job but they are but they said only someone who is having a baby has a right to keep their job. I bet if I told them I had cancer they would act different. I am so hurt and just upset...

alwaysthinking
Sorry

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. People with mental health issues are never given the respect and care and rights we deserve. The rest of the world just doesn't get it. They don't understand how a mental health issue is every bit as valid of an excuse for getting treatment as something like having a baby or if you had cancer. Again, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Try not to let it derail you from the bigger issue, which is your mental health recovery. Hoping everything goes well for you.

hermione3
Thanks for the support I am

Thanks for the support I am just super let down too like my office manager her son has mental health issues my boss also works with it but they don’t know my specific issues but I don’t want to share that with my employer. I also do not have to say why they are just stressed because we are understaffed but I am a person obviously going through a hard time and they still took it out in me. My mom was pissed and her boss is a lawyer and is going to talk to lawyers he knows on the issue. I am also technically on disability I have not disclosed that also I feel I still do good work despite my issues. The reason I need treatment is I am hurting myself.