National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lillian4516
Different this time around.

After a long hiatus, I’m starting to exercise again. It used to be something I was so addicted to and used as a self punishment, but then I just stopped. Exercise now is going for a walk with my dog, and enjoying the sunrise. I am trying to be mindful of all the ways I benefit from exercise other than calorie burning, and I really hope I can keep it as a way to get outside and enjoy life. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Blue44
Lilllian4516

Good for you! That’s great that you are thinking about exercise in that way. I also was addicted to exercise. I exercise some now but mostly in a healthy way.
You have a good weekend too!

lovetowrite81
Lillian

Hi Lillian-

That's so awesome to hear that you have been exercising with a different perspective- not for calorie burning and punishment, but enjoying being outside and the many other benefits. I know this has been an ongoing struggle for me, as I love to walk but it has been a compulsive behavior/done in excess while restricting in the past. It's an ongoing process to shift things in terms of exercise. Thank you so much for sharing!

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources