National Eating Disorders Association

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
hermione3
Anxiety

I Amat not be taking my medical leave yet but I am nervous to do so... I have already taken one and just feel guilty and like people will have so many questions...it just for some reason is making me anxious today. Especially since I have to wait so long on the wait list.

Blue44
hermione3

I can understand what you are saying about having anxiety. I have a lot of anxiety also. I had a lot of anxiety about what people would think when I started PHP treatment. It really doesn’t matter what other people think though. What’s important is that you do what you need to do to get better. Sorry you have such a long wait.

hermione3
Thanks for the support you

Thanks for the support you are right I have to do what I need to do. Part of me now wants the wait to be until after my vacation that I have been planning for over a year and is in part paid for...but I know still I have to do what I have to do if they call and have a bed I have to go. My friend can still go with her husband we can just plan for another trip in 3 years to Disney she said she would feel bad if I can't go and that was part of the fun. I told her I know and it kind of stinks...but is what it is.

lovetowrite81
Hermione3

Hi Hermione3-

I can also understand the anxiety around taking the medical leave or interfering with your trip. But yes I think just continuing to let go of what is out of your control- the timing of how it will fall- and just know that ultimately you are doing what is best for your health and recovery. Keep us posted <3

hermione3
Thank you for the support. I

Thank you for the support. I know I just have to do what I have to do. The typical stay is 45-90 days I know it depends on insurance and everything. My nutritionist has a patient go to this center different program told the same wait time and got in early like 3 weeks I would definitely miss my trip. I know it is what I need to do just hard to accept.