National Eating Disorders Association

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
alwaysthinking
Panic

Just ate supper, even though I really wasn't wanting to, and now, I'm in major panic mode. I'm freaking out beyond belief, and I am wanting to do something that I know is not good for me. I've been talking to my best friend to try to help me get calmer, and I'm still freaking out and having those urges. I feel totally defective and like such a failure. I'm so tired of this.

lovetowrite81
Alwaysthinking

Hi Alwaysthinking-

I'm so sorry you are struggling this evening. Just want to say that you are not a failure for struggling- battling ED is not easy and having challenges in recovery is not a reflection of who you are. I think you are incredibly resilient and courageous and wonderful. I'm glad you reached out to your best friend and hope that you continue posting here & know that we care about you. You're not alone <3

Blue44
alwaysthinking

How are you today? I am glad that you reached out for help last night by talking with your best friend and posting on the forum. I hope that today will be better for you. Let us know how you are doing.

alwaysthinking
Awful

I've managed to stay on my meal plan so far today, but I feel awful. Having a lot of ugly thoughts. (About myself) I'm trying so hard, and I keep wondering if it's even worth it, or more accurately, if I'm worth it, which is what I struggle with on a daily basis.

jester
alwaysthinking

I'm sorry youre struggling. I'm proud of you for sticking to your meal plan even though youre scared - pushing through the fear is what you need to unlearn those fears.
Personally when I am struggling with eating disorder thoughts that I can't convince myself out of, I watch Tabitha Farrar's youtube channel... Sometimes it helps a lot to hear somebody just firmly saying to eat anyway. Sometimes it can't get rid of the thoughts. But it never hurts.
You've got this

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources