National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
tryingtobebrave
Anxious

I’m seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow, and I’m really anxious about it as my last appointment did not go well. I’m worried that when I tell her I can’t do the trauma IOP until after my surgery, she won’t be willing to treat me anymore or will see me as not being compliant. I also need to bring up the suggestion of trying a new antidepressant as pain is really effecting it, but I’m worried she won’t want to because of the IOP thing. I saw that there’s a test they can do to see which psychiatric medications are most compatible with your genetics/ dna. My insurance covers it and I want to ask her about it, but again, I’m worried she won’t be open to hearing about any of my other concerns because of the IOP.
I also have to be weighed there because she prescribes multiple medications and keeps track because of the ED. I always go on backwards but I have a mychart account and can check my weight anytime. A part of me is really hoping I’ve lost weight since last time.

I’ve gotten involved a lot on advocating against diet culture on social media, and it does help me be in a recovery mindset, but sometimes it’s hard to practice what I preach. I’m going to brunch with friends tomorrow, and I’m really looking forward to it. I want to have the freedom to order whatever sounds good to me, but I feel like if I see my weight has gone up, I will order whatever seems “healthiest” even if I don’t like it.

Blue44
tryingtobebrave

Hello tryingtobebrave. I hope your appointment goes well today. Let us know how it goes. I’m sorry that you are anxious about it. Just be honest. Have a good day.

alwaysthinking
thinking of you

here's well-wishes for your appointment today and hopes that things work out well. do what you can to take care of yourself. and i agree with blue44 - be honest.