National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
neverland
Struggling

Hello.
It's been a while since I've been in here, but I thought I should come back. I know I was saying I wanted to tell my partner, but I still haven't had the courage to, even though I think he knows a little
My depression is getting worse and I think that's triggering my desire to other. I've also been having starving ideology. I have a trip coming up in a few days and I hate the idea of my body bring shown off if the clothes I your for the warm weather.
I'm also getting married in a few months and want to lose weight, even though I don't need to. I have a chronic condition that makes it hard to lose weight in health ways

butterflying
Checking in

Hi neverlan, I'm sorry to hear that you're still struggling but so happy you decided to come back here and reach out. It's completely okay you haven't told your partner what's going on, that can take some time to build up the right words and overcome the fear of what they will say. If you think he already has some sort of idea and doesn't judge or pester you with unaccepting statements, then I think it will go easier than you expected.
Concerning your trip coming up, I personally can understand the terrifying fear of having to show off your body. But one thing that has helped me get through wearing certain types of clothes is that in all honesty, no one is paying as much attention to the detail as I was putting in.
Let us know how everything goes and keep in touch. <3