National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
neverland
Struggling

Hello.
It's been a while since I've been in here, and I've been in the Working Toward Recovery forum and I thought I'd try this one since it's been along time since I've thrown up, but I've been wanting to.
My depression is getting worse and I think that's triggering my desire to other. I've also been having starving ideology. I have a trip coming up in a few days and I hate the idea of my body bring shown off if the clothes I your for the warm weather.
I'm also getting married in a few months and want to lose weight, even though I don't need to. I have a chronic condition that makes it hard to lose weight in health ways

julesthefox
I’m sorry to hear you’re

I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling anxious and down right now. That’s amazing that you’ve been able to refrain from behaviors though! Don’t ever discount that. The work you’re doing is hard, but you are so strong.
I understand being uncomfortable wearing more revealing clothes. Try to remember that we’re our own harshest critics. Chances are, and “flaws” you may see others aren’t aware of or don’t see in that way at all. You are beautiful for who you are and in your body. Everyone is unique. And that is beautiful too.
Congratulations on getting married soon! I know that can be stressful, but try to take it one day at a time. Remember how much your partner loves you. That love has nothing to do with how you look. While I’m sure they find you beautiful, it is the person you are that they fell in love with. And that will stay no matter what. I know it’s hard, but you are strong. And you are beautiful, inside and out. No matter what.
Julesthefox