National Eating Disorders Association

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
tryingtobebrave
Savedbygrace

Hi, just wanted to check in and see how you’re doing? How is recovery going? I really appreciate all the support you give on the forum.
Hugs, Braveheart

Savedbygrace
Thank you so much

For caring. Today was a little rough. It was body image day. The bed that i've had for 20 plus years broke on my side. It made me feel fat because it was just my side, never my husband's.
Even though recovery has been going overall well, I'm feeling down. I've had a few slip ups over the past couple of weeks., but I have been able to get back on track and talk about it with my therapist.
I've been in IOP for the past week. I thought I had been forgotten on here.
How have you been doing?

tryingtobebrave
I always care how the people

I always care how the people on here are doing. You all mean so much to me.
Im so proud of you for getting to IOP. How is the transition going? I’m glad you’re able to get back on track with the slip ups - they’re a normal part of recovery but don’t have to derail your progress.
I’m doing okay. Doing well with eating, a little anxiety at times but not too bad. I’ve had a few cravings for drugs but I’m able to fight those as well. My mood goes up and down and I realize I could benefit from the trauma IOP so I’m going to do it after surgery. I want my life back!

alwaysthinking
beds

try to think about the fact that the bed was 20 years old. think about the fact that sometimes it's the unused and weaker side that will break first before the side that has the most weight on it. get a higher perspective and do all you can to stay on track. I hope everything goes well for you and keep up the the hard work

Savedbygrace
Thank you both

I had an incredibly difficult day at program. I just want to give up. I feel like a burden that takes up too much space.

_admin_moderator
Resources

Since you mentioned some concerning feelings we just wanted to post some resources in case you need support through these thoughts.

Please take care.

alwaysthinking
not a burden

you are a beautiful soul who has been here for me in tough times. i've always appreciated so much the support you give me. you are not a burden in any way, shape, or form.

Savedbygrace
Thank you

I need to hear that. It's just really been a somewhat traumatizing day for me.

lovetowrite81
Savedbygrace

Hi Savedbygrace-

I'm sorry it's been such a difficult day. Just want you to know that I also consider you to be a beautiful person & let you know that you are very cared for <3

Savedbygrace
I truly appreciate it

Right now, I don't seem to have the energy to respond to anyone else's posts. I'm glad there are people who do respond. I was suicidal over the past 2 days. I'm glad I have the next few days away from treatment. I need the break. It's been a rough 2 days at treatment.

_admin_moderator
Crisis numbers

Dear Savedbygrace, We are concerned about your safety. Please reach out to the following resources if you are feeling suicidal.

Please stay safe! 

alwaysthinking
treatment burnout

a lot of times we have treatment burnout from being in therapy for so long. i wonder if this is what you are experiencing. i'm so sorry you are feeling suicidal. have you told anyone? do you feel safe enough? take care of yourself. you matter to me.

Savedbygrace
Thank you

It was because a girl in group made me cry for 2 hours, telling me I'm a bully and yelling at me that it reminded me of the trauma of domestic violence at home growing up. I talked to my therapist. I'm hungry but don't want to eat. Thank you for caring. I'm trying not to let this person get to me, but it bothers me.

lovetowrite81
Savedbygrace

I'm really sorry that happened- I can understand how it would be upsetting. I'm glad you were able to process this with your therapist. I'm glad that you will have a break for a few days, and hope that you will do what you need to take care of yourself. You're worth it <3

Savedbygrace
Thank you

I appreciate it.