National Eating Disorders Association

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
alwaysthinking
Going into treatment

Yep, I finally got the call. The other hospital called me today and asked me if I can come Friday. A lot of quick thinking on my part and I said sure. So this whole afternoon, I have been going crazy getting things ready and planning what all I have to get done tomorrow in further preparation. Packed my bag today. Part of me is excited and grateful and another part of course is scared to death because I don't want to eat. Today I freaked out with just one food item. It should not be this difficult and yet it is. The coordinator who talked to me was really helpful and very nice. She said the doctor was very concerned because of all the medical issues I've been having recently and said that alone should get me into the hospital without any trouble. I guess their ER has to clear you first with the insurance issue. So I'm heading to Pennsylvania and it's a seven and a half hour trip without gas and potty breaks :-) I just hope and pray everything works out and that I recover in time to get back in time for my vacation. Yeah I know I have entirely too much going on. But, it gives me stuff to live for and stuff to Give Me Reason to try to eat. That and the fact that I really need to get back to my Ministry and teaching people about Jehovah God and his word the Bible. That's the most important thing in the world to me and I can't do that if I'm starving myself. So hopefully that will be enough impetus for me to get better and work the program. They indicated that if you are not 100% on meals you can't use the computer, so I don't know how often I'll be able to get on this website. But I'll do my best to keep up with everybody. Regardless, you all have my support and best wishes. I hope you all can wish me the best as well.

Blue44
Good for you!

I’m glad for you that you are able to get the help that you need. I’m sure that it must be scary though. Everything will work out. I’ll be thinking of you.

tryingtobebrave
So glad

I’m so glad that you’re going to get the help you need and deserve. You deserve to nourish yourself and have joy in your life, I hope treatment helps and wish the best for you. I will be thinking of you and praying for you.
Hugs and love, Braveheart

alwaysthinking
Thx

Thank you both

CASACERA
ditto from CC

"Done" the hospital stay twice. Very different circumstances. Two years apart. (1960's & 1970's). Both helpful. 3 weeks in the 1st. 5 weeks in the 2nd. At that time my insurance covered everything, thank goodness. Actually wanted and tried to go back to the 2nd recently. They now have a full fledged ED and BED program. But NO insurance accepted. So pleased for you. My hos. of choice said $45,000. 28 days. "Give me a break"! Hoping to hear from you on the forum. CC

alwaysthinking
Thank you

Thanks for the best wishes and I will do my best to stay in touch. Leave bright and early in the morning. This will be my third hospitalization now for the eating disorder