National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
TimeToShine
update

So i’m going to post only weekly now because I think i’m recovering but I don’t know. My life has been pretty confusing and i’m realizing a lot of things. I’m not adding weight like I should be, even though I am eating how I am supposed to. I am at my lowest weight somehow. I haven’t told my boyfriend whatsoever, and i’ve been so depressed when I should be happy that my parents are being nice, my boyfriend is making me happy, and my best friend unblocked me (but is still mad and won’t tell me what I did wrong), and my other friend finally has data in France. But I am still so sad, and want to crawl in a hole and d ( i have no clue if we can say the word but hopefully you get what I mean). I have had many thoughts, and my anorexia monster yelling at me to burn off everything and work out ‘till I pass out. Also, my trigger isn’t numbers or anything like that, but its a person. He manipulated me to think he actually cared about me and telling me so many lies. And I have to see this person next week, and I have no choice but to see him. I really hate myself. Recovery is so hard and I want to give up. TimeToShine

alwaysthinking
Sorry

Sounds like you have a lot going on and I hope you have people that you can share all of this with them. I want to be able to support you in any way and I'm here for you.

_admin_moderator
Medical Signs and Symptoms

You mentioned some concerning symptoms so we are posting up this list to look out for. A person does not have to be underweight to have an eating disorder or to require emergency medical care for one. Seek medical help immediately if you:• accidentally or deliberately cause yourself a physical injury• become suicidal• experience confused thinking or are not making any sense• experience delusions (false beliefs) or hallucinations (experiencing things that aren’t there)• feel disoriented; don’t know what day it is, where you are or who you are• vomit several times a day or have uncontrollable vomiting or diarrhea• experience dizziness or fainting spells• feel too weak to walk or collapse• experience painful muscle spasms• complain of chest pain or have trouble breathing• observe blood in your bowel movements, urine or vomit• have a body mass index (BMI) of less than 16• have an irregular heart beat or very low heart beat (less than 50 beats per minute)• have cold or clammy skin indicating a low body temperature or have a body temperature ofless than 35 degrees Celsius/95 degrees FahrenheitOr for any other serious medical concerns.Seek medical help soon on an outpatient basis if you:• have significant heartburn and/or a burning sensation after eating• have other gastrointestinal concerns• have high blood pressure• struggle with significant joint or muscle pain• have difficulty sleeping (falling and/or remaining asleep)• struggle with fatigue, sudden weight gain, and/or hair loss• have frequent urination or unquenchable thirst• have gained and lost significant weight repeatedly• have gained significant weight in a short period of time• struggle with chronic diarrhea or constipationPlease get in touch with medical attention as soon as possible.  Also providing you with some resources: