National Eating Disorders Association

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Buddy58
Overshoot?

Hi,

I am hoping anyone here has any guidance on this topic. Growing up I was always a chubby kid, doctors always told me that I needed to lose weight. 2 years ago, I went on a certain diet and lost a good amount of weight over a certain amount of time. I lost at a very steady weight. After I went to college I became obsessed with losing weight and became anorexic. I would workout excessively and fast until dinner.

I have been in recovery for about a year but have been struggling. I gained all the weight back and am now back at the weight I was when I was overweight in high school. I have been eating very regularly and still trying to nourish my body. Is this where my weight will most likely be because I’ve spent most of my life here? Will it ever go back down? Is there something I should try and do differently?

Suggestions appreciated!

_admin_moderator
Post Edited

Hi Buddy58,  We are glad to hear that you are finding support here on the NEDA forums. A portion of your post was edited and deleted due to the mention of specific numbers that may be triggering to other members of the forum. Our community guidelines are always available to review here: http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/community-guidelines . In the event you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to call the NEDA helpline at 1-800-931-2237 (Monday-Thursday 9:00am-9:00pm, Friday 9:00am-5:00pm EST).

TimeToShine
Same here.

I used to do the same thing. I am a competitive swimmer so I would excessively work out along with my swimming, and that's when I became anorexic. I also was a bit chubby as a child. We are here for support whenever you need it, and I hope you keep posting. I learned this forum is a good way of letting things out that I couldn't say to anyone else. If you haven't already, try and speak to your doctor about these concerns or maybe think about getting a nutritionist or a dietitian.

TimeToShine

CASACERA
Hello Buddy58

Maintaining at any weight is such a great achievement. It's so easy to gain weight, no trick, yes?
Maybe it becomes a fine science of for me the amounts of ANYTHING. So I eat healthy, tasty and across the boards. But, I Still have to work hard on ending the meal and not having some additional "acceptable" item which my "foodie" brain often turns me into a grazing robot. Every day a BIG challenge. What can I tell you?, a lifetime for me. CC

London1621
Hugs

Sorry you're having a hard time and hope you will be okay soon.