National Eating Disorders Association

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
alwaysthinking
ER

So... My doctor's office called, in response to a call I'd made to them about tingling and numbness in my arms. His response and direction? Go to the ER, since I'm presenting new symptoms and still not eating. Thrill!! Not! Except today, I decided to take a mini trip and visit an art museum which is 2 1/2 hours away. So instead of getting to enjoy this day, now I have to dread going to the ER when I get back. I am not looking forward to it. Still haven't heard from the eating treatment center.

Blue44
alwaysthinking

I’m glad that you are going to see a doctor for your symptoms. I hope and pray that everything will be ok for you. Maybe the treatment center will call you today. Keep us updated.

London1621
Hugs

Sending you hugs. Hope you will be okay soon.

alwaysthinking
Treatment center

Heard back from them. They had a question about my dissociating and self-harm. Now I have to wait to hear from them again, but now I'm in the ER, and cell coverage is nil here, so I don't know if I'll get the call.

_admin_moderator
Resources

Hi, alwaysthinking. Just wanted to post some resources in case you or someone else on the forums wants to reach out for support. 

Please take care!

immortalturtle
Hoping things will work out!

Hoping things will work out! Proud of you for going even though you had a fun day planned. You made the right choice and I am sending lots of positive energy your way.

Savedbygrace
Feel better

I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure they'll leave a message. And you could probably call from the ER if need be.

Blue44
alwaysthinking

How are you today? What did the doctor in the ER say? I hope you are feeling better today. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

alwaysthinking
Blood work not good. Have to

Blood work not good. Have to see my regular doctor tomorrow and my psychiatrist soon. Still have to wait for the dr from eating treatment center to make a final decision. Better mood, at least.

lovetowrite81
Alwaysthinking

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you & praying for you-- keep us posted <3