National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jemmi
Teeth

So I've had bulimia for almost 10 months now and frequently worried about my teeth I've seen the dentist twice this year and every time I go in I explain to them that I am dealing with bulimia . They tell me my teeth are in condition except for some small cavities which didn't need to be filled for awhile but still I'm worrying constantly about them and was wondering how long before my bulimia truly ruins my teeth for good . I am currently recovering and puke a lot less then I used to but I really really just wish I never got this far and I'm kicking myself over it. I'm honestly jsut curious about other people with bulimia and how long you guys have been dealing with it and how your teeth are ?

_admin_moderator
Welcome!

Hi Thank you for posting. We’re sorry to hear about what’s going on! We hope that you’re able to get the support you deserve here on the forums! When you get the chance, please take a look at our community guidelines here: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/forums/community-guidelines. If you’re looking for resources, please feel free to contact the Helpline at (800) 931-2237. The Helpline is open Mondays-Thursdays 9AM-9PM EST and Fridays 9AM-5PM EST. During these hours you can chat with us also by clicking the chat now option at the top right hand corner! Please continue posting! 

CASACERA
Jemmi Thanks

for having a short name to type! But seriously replying to your post. My teeth (what I have left!) are a wreck because of my BED (grazing style) not because of bulimia & "puke" but because of the intensity with which I bite and chew. Please no "kicking yourself". You (and me, too) never chose such an awful affliction. CC