National Eating Disorders Association

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
CASACERA
insomnia

Keep thinking tonight will be better but it's not. 4 hrs. last night. Always a light sleeper but never like this. Walking around in a daze. If I'm not here, forgive me.

Blue44
CC

I’m sorry that you didn’t sleep well again last night. Maybe you can get a nap during the day. I hope that you can have a good day despite the insomnia. Stay strong. You can do it. Thinking of you

CASACERA
thank you Blue44

Took a needed walk despite my "daze". Falling is the enemy. Careful of that. Bk fine Lunch fine but just had a message from my food devil to have something else. Sneaky because it starts with the healthiest etc. I must say this here to expose this addiction voice. Hope this "truth shall set me free". CC

CASACERA
1 hour later

more feeling, ah! you have room in your stomach and sends in a food hunger sensation. Warning sign. Recognize the warning signs, the danger signs. If I don't treat these warnings as danger, I can easily become ms.robot eater. Will not let my tiredness cause an additional problem. CC

tryingtobebrave
You’ve got this CC!!

You’ve got this CC!!

alwaysthinking
Hang in there

You can do it. Still thinking of you and hoping for the best. I deal with insomnia a lot also so I get it. It really messes with the brain function.

CASACERA
thank you everyone

can't stay awake right now...catch you tomorrow CC

CASACERA
magical phone call from my son

6 hr. sleep last night. Maybe I just needed that TLC. Hard to ask for what you need at times.
Rough grazing food day yesterday. Breakfast fine this AM. Hoping to hold off till 1:00 for lunch. People who don't have this, don't understand. CC

alwaysthinking
How'd it go?

How was lunch? And have you had supper yet? If so, how did it go? Hope you get some much-needed sleep again tonight

CASACERA
ATK hope my sleep

continues to be better tonight. Peter Pan "think lovely thoughts Michael, and up you'll go" and he did (fly).that's what i did and it helped me. But my food ATK, my food out of control again. When I 1st came to the forum I was having pretty good days. Now I don't know SCARED, ATK, SCARED! Can't give up. o.k. so I don't have to eat anything else tonight, right? Going to brush my teeth again. During this next month I am getting help to be able to talk to my computer. So glad you're here. CC

CASACERA
continues to be my biggest problem

Because my inner food voice pushes me to eat when tired, no matter that makes no sense. "get up, read a book till tired then go back to sleep, no computer etc. screen 3 hrs. before sleep, same time, location, cool room temp. no food for several,hours before sleep." (funny 'cause food has acted as sort of a sedative, particularly the right food). Very discouraged that I'm not having better food days. Lots of things on my mind, but no more than it's ever been. I won't, can't give up. Must come here and post the second my "eat something" voice urges me to. CC

alwaysthinking
It's ok

It's okay. Everybody has slumped here and there. Are you able to give yourself credit for your little victories? I'm sure they are there if you look hard enough. In fact, I can tell you a victory right now. You came on here. The fact that you are still trying is a victory. I was told when I was in treatment the first time that a success is someone who keeps trying. A failure is someone who gives up. I have confidence in you CC. Take care. We'll get through this. We have to! As always, I'm here for you

CASACERA
ATK needed to hear this

And I am here for you too. Hard to feel helpful when a myriad of afflictions are present. Music ATK, always there. In the midst of this the song that comes to mind is from the 40's. Maybe you heard of it? I remember lyrics so this is what I remember and applies. Not sure, might have been the Andrew Sister's, Or the Pied-Piper's that style of singing but I'll check it out after I post. CC

YOU GOTTA ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE
ELIMINATE THE NEGATIVE
LATCH ON TO THE AFFIRMATIVE
DON'T MESS WITH MR.INBETWEEN

YOU GOTTA SPREAD JOY UP TO THE MAXIMUM
LEAVE GLOOM DOWN TO THE MINIMUM
HANG ON OR PANDEMONIUM'S LIKELY TO COME UPON THE SCENE

TO ILLUSTRATE MY LAST REMARK
JONAH IN THE WHALE
NOAH IN THE ARC
WHAT DID THEY DO, JUST WHEN EVERYTHING LOOKED SO DARK?

MAN THEY SAID YOU GOTTA ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE
ELIMINATE THE NEGATIVE
SPREAD JOY UP TO THE MAXIMUM
DON'T MESS WITH MR. INBETWEEN...

(MIGHT HAVE A FEW WORDS WRONG BUT THINK I'M VERY CLOSE).

London1621
Hugs

Hope you are doing okay. Hugs.

CASACERA
GREAT TURN RE: SLEEP

Haven't been able to ride my 3 speed bike till now. Just thinking about it made my sleep better. And then, after I rode, better yet! Still find I wake up once or twice but go right back to sleep which is great. Remember I'm quite old and still riding. So good for my spirit and health. But I can only ride in warmer weather. Walking on the soft earth or grass later on. My eating is so rushed. Unbelievable. I see myself eating fast and can't seem to stop it, nothing that feels punitive will work, like counting bites and all of that. This is going to take a lot of bringing my conscious mind into this, for I go into this "alternate state" (as the one therapist described my eating food experience correctly). Also how I eat directly affects the amounts. Remember the one thing I have going for me is that I love ALL foods equally. Some folks are hung up on one type. I worked at this early on.