National Eating Disorders Association

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
CASACERA
It's not food I want it's peace of mind

Sometimes I want to reach for a friend but I just don't want to trouble anyone. People have their own problems, and forget therapists. Not there this moment that I need someone to understand at this very moment so that I don't turn to my substitute food. Gotta have an apt. for whenever. Feeling so incredIbly sad that my son & his lovely wife left. Help lines have that 9-5 week day availability. Almost laughable. Boy am I in a grey mood. Think I'll e-mail my son and tell him.

CASACERA
just e-mailed them

Feeling much better.....

alwaysthinking
Other than the fact that your

Other than the fact that your son and his wife left is there something that precipitated your gray mood? Anything that you need to discuss with us? Are we able to help ? I find that sometimes this support group is a good substitute for therapists that are not available when you need them. And good for you for not turning to food.

CASACERA
ATK

I KNOW I'M STILL SHARP AND SO MUCH TO BE GRATEFUL FOR BUT AT MY AGE CAN'T DO SOME SIMPLE THINGS THAT I LOVED. I KEEP HAVING RARE CONDITIONS THAT THERE'S NO HELP FOR. KILLING ME IN THIS WARM WEATHER NOT BEING ABLE TO RIDE MY BIKE. GOT LEDDERHOSE IN MY FEET. STAGE 4 DUPUYTREN'S IN MY HANDS. O.K. BUT THE FOOT THING, EXCUSE ME SUCKS. PAIN AND THE CHOICE OF RADIATION IS ALMOST NO CHOICE. I'VE GOT LOUD TINNITUS IN MY HEAD. (HISSING AND SWISHING). BEEN TO THE BEST WITH THESE AND OTHER "STUFF". NADA. EVERYTIME I THINK I'VE WORKED OUT WAYS TO DEAL WITH MY 8-10 CONDITIONS A NEW ONE LEAPS IN. I'LL BE ALRIGHT. ONE OF THOSE DAYS I GUESS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ASKING.CC