National Eating Disorders Association

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
CASACERA
Didn't think I needed to come here right now

Shut desktop down because of company AND THEN LUNCH WAS OVER ( A GOOD ONE AND FEELING FULL) but no. My inner food addict voice said: "have a..., no problem, it's no big thing". Yeah right! Song? "How do I begin>...". So I took *her" *me, and here I am waiting out that subconscious blabbermouth that I know so well. Before this forum I had no where to go to SCREAM (you know the famous painting "the Scream"?) Actually I'm not making a sound, except my keyboard. BUT IF I DON'T ACKNOWLEDGE THIS AND EXPOSE IT WHEN IT "HITS", ONTO A FOOD NIBBLING PATH I GO". O.K. UNTIL NEXT TIME. CC

Alexo_eats
Hi

I'm glad you have an outlet. KEYBOARD SCREAMING IS AWESOME!

alwaysthinking
Keyboard screaming

When I actually use a computer and not my phone, I think it's always screaming! I type very loudly. Glad that you have this Outlet.

CASACERA
thanks ATK and Alkexo_eats

Son and wife just flew away, I'm sad but so grateful they were here. About 2-3 years ago they suddening became vegan. It's a whole new and different world. I'm trying to incorporate some of the positive inf. She's a super duper cook. Makes a difference. But, she doesn't have an ED. He loves food but fortunately not in my league. Yes my food choices and portions are important. But also not thinking about what I'm going to eat next. My head needs to be pulled back to the present. Often frantic as I'm preparing a meal. Can't wait feeling. Trying more to pay attention and look at the food as I'm eating, smaller bites and chewing well and more slowly. A lot of work.

alwaysthinking
How'd it go?

How did the week go food-wise while they were there? How are you doing now?

alwaysthinking
How'd it go?

How did the week go food-wise while they were there? How are you doing now?

CASACERA
Great while they were here ATK but

Portions at dinner larger than my sensible brain wanted, like included my planned late snack with dessert. Food devil eager to grab hold when not on plan. I put much realistic thought into my food plan, Shakes me when I'm off-base. CC