National Eating Disorders Association

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Savedbygrace
Moving on

I'm just so much happier in general now that it seems like 29 years of eating disorder suffering seems to be coming to a complete and final end. I'm hopeful and excited to close this chapter in my life and move on to a new and exciting one. I'm so much happier at a bigger body size than I ever was in a thinner one.

alwaysthinking
Good for you

I'm so glad for you. That's kind of like an affirmation that I have with a proof on the back. On the front it says calories are my friends. On the back one of the proofs is that when I was at my skinniest I was miserable. So I'm glad that you are comfortable with your body and I'm glad that you're happy.

Savedbygrace
Thank you

I'm really thankful and proud of my progress. How are you doing?

alwaysthinking
Happiest

I am the happiest I think I've ever been. I don't know if it's meds or what but this is the greatest I have ever been and I am so thrilled. Thanks for asking.

Savedbygrace
You're welcome

I'm really happy you're doing so well. You're very welcome.

lovetowrite81
Savedbygrace

Hi Savedbygrace-

Just wanted to say this is amazing to hear! I'm so glad you feel like you are moving onto a new chapter and feel like you are leaving ED behind. So glad to hear that you are happy and appreciating your body- I am so excited for you!! <3

Savedbygrace
Thank you so much

How are you doing these days in life and recovery?

lovetowrite81
Savedbygrace

I'm doing okay-- noticed I had been restricting somewhat and dropped more weight than intended the past few months, so I am being conscious to get back on track with eating sufficient meals and am working towards weight gain- which obviously we know comes with some anxiety and discomfort. But ultimately I know I had started to slip a bit and had become more preoccupied with/anxious about food than I would like to be know I need to be- and I know I need to keep taking steps to face the anxiety head on and continue to do what I need to do. Thank you for asking!

Savedbygrace
I'm sorry

You're struggling some again, but it's good you're able to notice it and get back on track.