National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
jpaysawy
Feeling sick?

Hello, I have had an eating disorder for about over two months now. I just started recovery and am feeling sick almost every time I eat. I also have acid reflux. Has anyone else been through this before? I feel like I'm going to be sick but I'm trying to stay calm and get through it.

_admin_moderator
Welcome!

Hi, jpaysawy! Thank you for posting. We’re sorry to hear about what’s going on! We hope that you get the support you deserve here on the forums. When you get the chance, please take a look at our community guidelines here: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/forums/community-guidelines. Since you’re mentioning some concerning symptoms that you’re experiencing we are providing you with this list. The following are just some of the signs of a serious problem that demands immediate medical attention:• accidentally or deliberately caused themselves a physical injury• become suicidal• confused thinking and is not making any sense• delusions (false beliefs) or hallucinations (experiencing things that aren’t there)• disoriented; doesn’t know what day it is, where they are or who they are• vomiting several times a day or has uncontrollable vomiting or diarrhea• experiencing dizziness or fainting spells• too weak to walk or collapses• painful muscle spasms• complaining of chest pain or having trouble breathing• blood in their bowel movements, urine or vomit• a body mass index (BMI) of less than 16• an irregular heartbeat, and fast heartbeat, or very low heart beat (less than 50 beats per minute)• cold or clammy skin indicating a low body temperature or has a body temperature of less than 35 degrees Celsius/95 degrees FahrenheitOr any other serious medical concernsIf you experience any of the above, we highly recommend that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. Another option is 911.  If you’re looking for resources, please feel free to contact the Helpline at (800) 931-2237. The Helpline is open Mondays-Thursdays 9AM-9PM EST and Fridays 9AM-5PM EST. During these hours you can chat with us also by clicking the chat now option at the top right hand corner!  Please continue posting!