National Eating Disorders Association

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
London1621
I don't know.

I was so upset yesterday and I gave into the feeling to binge eat. I'm still upset, I hate myself now and this problem. Just want to cry.

Savedbygrace
I'm so sorry

That you're struggling and having a hard time. The guilt after acting on a sy.ptom is really difficult to deal with. Do you know why you binged?

alwaysthinking
Go ahead

Go ahead and cry. Sometimes we have awful days and that's what we need to do. Try to be gentle with yourself like my therapist says and just realize that you slipped up and it doesn't mean that you failed. The recovery record that Neda recommends has a quote that says something like if you slip up and then give up completely it's like dropping your phone and then smashing it. Or something like that I can never remember exactly how it's quoted. Bottom line don't give up just because you have a few slip-ups here and there. They're going to happen you have an eating disorder. Just recognize that and keep moving forward. There are going to be good days there are going to to be bad days. The important thing is to try to increase the good days and decrease the bad. And yeah I know I need to take my own advice. Hope this helps a little

London1621
Thank you

My sister was being mean to me yesterday. Thank you for your help and replies.

Savedbygrace
You're welcome

I'm sorry your sister was being mean. Family can be so frustrating sometimes. At least you knew the reason.

iwanttolive
London1621

Hi. I am sorry you are having trouble with your sister. Please give yourself some grace. I know how frustrating it is to give into behaviors but there is pain under the behavior. Allow yourself to cry. Feel the pain and allow it to pass. Give it over to Jesus. But don't ignore the pain. I am sorry for what you are going through. Please let us know how you are doing. We are here for you. Don't beat yourself up.

iwanttolive

London1621
Hi

Thank you so much. Hugs