National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Newplace
Temptation

I'm new here and I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions on how to walk by food you don't need because you are not hungry, especially food you buy for no reason!!

_admin_moderator
Hello Newplace and welcome to

Hello Newplace and welcome to the forums! A small part of your post was edited due to the mention of a specific food which may be triggering to other forum members. Our community guidelines can be found here: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/forums/community-guidelinesThank you for posting! 

iwanttolive
Newplace

HI . Welcome to the forum. I am glad you posted. I guess I would just make sure you shop with a list of what you need. It is so much easier than just going up and down the isles picking and grabbing as you go. If you go with a list, you can make a commitment to buy only what is on the list. Also, shop after you have eaten a meal so you are not hungry. A lot of times people buy things they wouldn't have because the shop hungry. You said you do shop when not hungry, so try making a list. I hope this helps. Post again whenever you need to.

iwanttolive