National Eating Disorders Association

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
chunkymonkey68
Walking outside in the cold gave my chest area severe cramps.

Was subbing yesterday and did a lap walking w/ my students. After a lap I met them for stretching exercises. At that time my chest began to tighten and seemed to have a severe cramp-pressured feeling until it went back inside after class. Today I walked after work, again very cold outside. I ran to inform a car driver that his side back passenger door seemed to be unlocked and was opening up an inch or so. I wanted to warn him so ran and signed to him about his car door. Then I walked home and all the way home my heart was beating hard. When I got home I became dizzy and weak. I was alone and my heart was beating very quickly. I even took a warm shower b4 eating dinner and after stirring the dessert was preparing for my class I became dizzy again. I opened the front door for more air. Then my brother came home and I seemed to be ok after some OJ and dessert which I was preparing. This was 1st incident feeling this way after running quickly on a very chilly night. 

s.boewer
Maybe see a doctor

It sounds like maybe you should see your doctor if you are experiencing chest pains and dizziness. I can't tell from your posts if you are using ED behaviors or if you are in recovery. In other posts you mention daily weight checks and sound like you are in the throws of the disease so I wonder if you are having symptoms of ED. I can't advise you medically but if you continue to have these symptoms you should seek medical care. Good luck:)

karenc
I agree

I agree. You should see a doctor. It might be your heart. You should check it out.

Good luck

XOXO.

karenc
I hope you feel better

You deserve to feel better. I hope you do.
X's

_admin_moderator
Medical Signs and Symptoms

Hi chunkymonkey68, you mentioned some concerning symptoms so we are posting up the signs and symptoms of a medical emergency. The following are just some of the signs of a serious problem that demands immediate medical attention:• accidentally or deliberately caused themselves a physical injury• become suicidal• confused thinking and is not making any sense• delusions (false beliefs) or hallucinations (experiencing things that aren’t there)• disoriented; doesn’t know what day it is, where they are or who they are• vomiting several times a day or has uncontrollable vomiting or diarrhea• experiencing dizziness or fainting spells• too weak to walk or collapses• painful muscle spasms• complaining of chest pain or having trouble breathing• blood in their bowel movements, urine or vomit• a body mass index (BMI) of less than 16• an irregular heartbeat, and fast heartbeat, or very low heart beat (less than 50 beats per minute)• cold or clammy skin indicating a low body temperature or has a body temperature of less than 35 degrees Celsius/95 degrees FahrenheitOr any other serious medical concernsIf you experience any of the above, we highly recommend seeking medical attention as soon as possible. Another option is 911.