National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
tryingtobebrave
Dentist tomorrow, scared

I’ve had another slip with excessive exercise, I’m really struggling with it. I have appointments with my dietician and therapist tomorrow afternoon, and really want to talk and figure it out with them.
But I have a tooth that is hurting really bad, and I need to see my dentist ASAP. That means I might miss those appointments tomorrow, and it’s really stressing me out. Also the dentist triggers trauma, I have a really good dentist who is understanding and uses sedation so I don’t have flashbacks (it happened once, he got kicked, was still really understanding). I just hate the whole thing. My uncle broke his back, and has to have surgery but it’s risky with all his other medical issues and I’m worried as we’re close. The dentist thing is kinda distressing, especially since I need to see my dietician and therapist as exercise is feeling really compulsive. It’s like it started and now I can’t stop. Just stressed and needed to vent

tryingtobebrave
Update

Just had a root canal done. Not able to go to my other appointments today. Was sedated for it so no flashbacks. I can’t follow my meal plan today, just eat soft foods and probably won’t meet the whole meal plan for today. I just want to sleep honestly. I have to eat something though for antibiotics and painkiller. Only taking prescription painkiller today as I can’t take NSAIDS (had an ulcer from them) and regular Tylenol is not cutting it. I will switch to regular Tylenol tomorrow. I am worried about missing my dietician appointment but life happens I guess.

iwanttolive
tryingtobebrave

Hi. I am glad to hear the root canal went well and that you were sedated. I am sorry you are in pain. Take care of yourself, and you can use soft foods if you can't do solid. I am also sorry you missed your appointments. I don't like missing mine, they really help. I am glad you let us know how things went. Take care,

iwanttolive