National Eating Disorders Association

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
iwanttolive
Hi from iwanttolive

Hi, I know a lot of you are really struggling and I want you to know I pray for you and have hope for you. Just stay in the fight and don't give up. I have been through the gamut with my own battles with eating disorders and self harm. Something I posted to another this week is something I want to pass on to you all. This would be to try to depersonalize the eating disorder. Whenever I refer to eating disorders I never personalize it by saying "my" eating disorder. Or ED even. I refer to the eating disorder as It or the or an eating disorder because we are more than the eating disorder and we are not the eating disorder. We are so much more than it. It may not feel that way right now but if you separate yourself from the eating disorder and again, depersonalize it, it may help you to start to form an identity apart from this thing that wants to take you down. So try it and see if it works for you. It has helped me a lot. I am not an eating disorder. I used to battle with one. I no longer do. But while I did, and even when I post to others or refer to my history, I make it a point to not give the eating disorder an identity. So thanks for reading this and I hope it helps some.

iwanttolive

Savedbygrace
Thank you birdie22

It is appreciated.

iwanttolive
Savedbygrace

So you remembered my former post name!!! I don't know where that one came from but I like my new one better. I will pray you get into residential.

iwanttolive

imstillgrowing
Thank you so much... for

Thank you so much... for everything you do on this forum :)
Much love,
imstillgrowing