National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Grazianinicole
Relapse

I’m really struggling just out of treatment with my meal plan. It is equivalent to a eating disorder behaviors for me and I find myself not being able to stop. I have had some successful days, however feel like a failure.
Any advice?

iwanttolive
Grazianinicole

Hi. Welcome to the forum. I am glad you posted. I am sorry you are struggling. Coming out of treatment is very difficult and takes some time to adjust to not having people around you all the time almost forcing you to eat right. When left to ourselves it is more difficult. Try your best to stick to the plan and with time it will get easier. It may be more or less food than you are used to pre-treatment, but the team decided it is what is best for you so try to put your trust in the team even though you are discharged. Your body is still adjusting to nutrition and regular meals. It takes a while. Do you have any one to support you and to help you? Are you in outpatient therapy or have a therapist? That would be very helpful to have a therapist. It takes time. Don't beat yourself up. It takes time and again, it takes time. And a lot of difficult work. But recovery is worth it. Please continue to reach out here on the forum as we understand what you are going through as best as we can not knowing your exact situation. We are here for you. Wishing you the best.
iwanttolive

I am glad you reached out for help. That shows strength.