National Eating Disorders Association

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
2Joy2love
iwanttolive

Hi iwanttolive,
I have been thinking about you and I have prayed for you. I know the holidays can be rough.
My daughter is doing well. The holidays are so hard for her. She has been able to use her DBT skills and it is really helping. Especially when she fills out her card.
I hope you are enjoying moments each day. Thank you for your prayers for me and my daughter,
you have supported and helped me through some very hard times. Please take care of yourself. You will be happy to know that I am taking care of myself and I feel peace and joy each day.
2Joy2love

iwanttolive
2joy2love

Hi. Thank you for thinking of me. It means so much. Thank you. It is good to hear of your daughter's progress. That is so wonderful. I am doing okay. Hit a rough spot the last few weeks but I keep pushing forward. I am happy to hear you are taking care of yourself. I deal with persistent pain and depression. And some other medical issues. But our God is greater than any problem we face. God bless you and Merry Christmas

iwanttolive
2Joy2Love

Hi and good morning. I was thinking of you and wondering how your Christmas went. How are you? I am glad your daughter is doing well. Living with an eating disorder during the holidays is difficult. I hope she did okay.

I had a little, big, medium sized slip. But God is so faithful. A very kind and gentle Pastor from Nigeria came three years ago to my parents church. I was very ill at the time. He spoke with me outside for three hours. He wrote down what he said and I put it away discounting what he wrote. Then he visited briefly a few months ago and said I have to see my Juli. He is so sweet. So we are in communication a lot over the phone, or by e mail or by text. I have been sharing my latest struggles and victories with him. For many years I have wanted to go to Romania and serve as a missionary in their orphanages. Well, it looks like I had the correct vision, just the wrong country. By November of next year I will be going to Nigeria and serve in the newly developing orphanages there. My goal is three weeks. God's goal? My Mom thinks I will stay. I just may.

I really hit a rough spot and am slowly coming up. I am so disappointed with myself but I know God is still God no matter what. This Pastor is so encouraging and supportive and his English is pretty good. I love to hear him speak and read what he writes.

I was planning on going into another day program but now that the depression is lifting I do not know that I want to go anymore. My Mom will say absolutely you have to go. We will see.

I just wanted to touch base and see how your family is and how your Christmas went and New Year's. So, Almost Happy New Year. A year of God's blessings and opportunities for us to bless others with what we've been blessed with. A year of surprises and challenges. A year of moving forward and for me forgiveness and not looking backwards.

I hope you are enjoying your days. It is snowy here and we have a brook out our back windows which is very visible. It is beautiful to see the snow in the trees.

Well, take care,
iwanttolive

2Joy2love
iwanttolive

Hi iwanttolive,
I am so thankful that you wrote to me. Happy New Year's. I had all my children home and that was great. We were able to do some fun family traditions and even added a new one.
My daughter did better this holiday season than she has for the last 7 years. She still struggled a bit. And at the same time she has not had to go on suicide or even safety watch, which is a huge blessing.
I am sad to hear that you have had a hard time. I am happy to hear that you are not giving up. Please don't ever give up. You are not alone. You have family around you, I am praying for you and God is near. When life gets so hard and overwhelming it helps to "look up" to remember that there is more to life than just this moment. God is there and He loves us and wants us to remember Him. My worries seem to always decrease when I remember this.
One of my daughters tell me that being around children is very healing. I love that you will be able to go and help children. The pastor you are talking to sounds like he cares about you and others. I am so glad you have him to talk to.
We all slip and go backwards. Just remember to never give up. Keep going forward. Be kind to yourself. Beating yourself up about it won't help. Learning from the experience and knowing you can keep using your skills and you can improve a little bit at a time. Hope is so powerful. Remember to enjoy moments each day. Love life, yourself and others.
2Joy2love

iwanttolive
2Joy2Love

GOOD MORNING!!!

I woke up to a smile as I saw your post. Thank you soooo very much for the wonderful news and for your encouragement. I know that I must to look up, without a doubt. Sometimes though it gets difficult, like a kink in the neck spiritually. But I am putting one foot in front of the other. I am back up and fighting again. I will NOT allow the enemy make me think my worth and value come in the form of how much I weigh or don't weigh, in my looks or anything but in Who He says I am. I am an overcomer, not a survivor. Praise The Lord..

It was wonderful to hear about your Christmas and New Years. It must have been glorious.

I am very happy for you. Thank God your daughter hasn't taken the path I did. Twenty six hospitalizations and decades of meds and therapy. I never allowed any therapist to touch the area of sexuality where that is where I need to go. Abuse, verbal, emotional and physical, possible sexually, most likely. I am ready now and I just found a new therapist who is a Christian and suffered from PTSD from being in the forces. I don't know which branch.

It is a miracle the way I found her, through my sister who is living with me. She wanted us to do counselling together. She probably won't go back after her first visit, and she doesn't know I went but she is warm, understanding and her office is like a haven. My former yet not known to her yet, therapist was stiff and didn't have conversation with me. I got more out of one session with the new one than a few weeks or months with the other. She never provided feedback and would never even put a hand on my shoulder. I needed that and because I needed it she wouldn't give it to me. I needed to keep her in the therapy room. A year later and we still haven't dealt with my PSTD. SO>

I am happy to have found her.

It is a winter wonderland where I am at, a foot or more of snow. Absolutely beautiful and it reminds me of the cleansing of God through Jesus. A new start, fresh.

Well, I will go now. It really meant a lot to me that you posted and filled me in. I will stay close to God and am happy to hear how He has worked in your family.
iwanttolive

2Joy2love
iwanttolive

Hi Iwanttolive,
I had such a wonderful day today. I connected with each of my kids and my heart just sang with joy. I also got to eat lunch with my sister who lives out of state I just feel so loved by family.
I hope you are having a good week. That you are enjoying moments each day.
I am so glad you have found a therapist that you can connect with and is helping you in your journey. It is important to have someone you can talk to and someone that can help guide you. I have 2 children with PTSD and it can be so hard, especially not knowing all the triggers or how best to deal with triggers when they come. I hope and pray that you and your therapist can find what will help you.
I have also started seeing a therapist about 5 months ago. It has really helped me to have someone I can just talk to, I am the caregiver to multiple people and it helps me to have someone I can go to and get ideas from and that I can share my worries hopes, grief, and joy with.
Please take care of yourself. Continue to be courageous and not give up.
2Joy2love