Become a NEDA Advocate!
Advocate for eating disorders awareness and prevention!
Passionate and dedicated volunteers bring about change. Across the country, individuals just like you have had success advocating for legislation that has helped raise awareness and improve access to treatment for eating disorders. Your voice and actions can help make a difference!
There are several ways that you can get involved in legislative advocacy in your state, and no prior experience is necessary!
- Write a letter to your legislator(s) about an issue relevant to your state
- Meet with your legislator(s) about an issue relevant to your state
- Do internet research to develop a mailing list for coalition building in your state
- Under NEDA's direction, organize a legislative briefing in your state
- Under NEDA's direction organize an advocacy campaign to fight for legislative change in your state
These options vary greatly in terms of time and commitment, so think about your availability, as well as your interests.
Whichever action you choose, NEDA will provide you with all of the tools, resources, and support necessary to carry out our shared mission. Advocacy experience is not required-- all you need is passion, coordination, and eagerness to make a difference in the lives of those with eating disorders!
Search our event listings to see if there is a legislative event in your state.
Interested in learning more about how you can become a NEDA Advocate in your state? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.