National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adult Child Commitment

In the U.S. can parents commit their anorexic child to a hospital? Do we need a lawyer? What can we do?

[email protected]

Hi [email protected],
I do know that if your child is under 18 you can put them in a center without their consent.
NEDA has a help line that might be able to help you with that question. 1-800-931-2237
Best of luck to you and your family. Please take care of yourself.